3.08.2009

Batik Challenge Update #5

The top is done! I have spent a large part of today in my sewing room. What a nice treat that was. As a result, I was able to get the 3 borders on my Chocolate Truffles batik challenge. I am very pleased with the results. I am also surprised at how this top seemed to grow. I have also been able to work on my homework for the current mystery quilt that I am involved with. I just love a good mystery - books, TV shows, and quilts you name it, I love them. Here are ALL of the 160 half square triangles that we need to have done for this coming Saturday. Cool.....I wonder how these will be used.
Other than that, I also worked a little on a baby quilt that is under way. I discovered that I had 2 pieces within one block flipped. Whoops. So, seeing as I was in a groove today, I got out the seam ripper. Now the quilt is all better.
Have a great few days!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I love how your Chocolate Truffles quilt turned out. You inspired me. I am taking a class with Judy Niemeyer in April and decided to do all raspberry, caramel, and chocolate batiks!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Congratulations -- I LOVE LOVE those pretty pinks and browns!

Siobhan said...

Oh wow, I love those Batiks!! gorgeous. Your A Tisket, A Tasket blocks are so pretty, too. I used to quilt in between obsessive stitching years and think often of getting back to it. Love your color sense!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

Nicole said...

This turned out so pretty! Love the pinks and browns! I must do this pattern.