5.02.2009

Spring Vacation

We went on our first trip to Washington DC for spring vacation. We had a great time, the weather was really nice. It is already so green and lush there. That, of course, has kicked my spring allergies into full speed ahead. Not to mention the cold that the husband and I seemed to have picked up. Oh well, it was great to get away.We got to see the White House, from the outside at least. We walked, and walked, and walked. There is so much to see there it is really incredible.
We also got to see the US Capital, this was on our last day and the weather was PERFECT!

We went to 4 Smithsonian Museums. The family informed me their favorite was the Air & Space Museum, while my favorite was the National Art Museum. I made them get some culture, heehee.
We also got to see all of the Monuments, very moving. Abe is so distinguished. We actually spent some time with him during a brief shower.


So, there was a lot accomplished, but NO quilting, cross stitching, or knitting. A great week anyway. Time for some allergy medicine, I can't breathe very well.

1 comment:

Siobhán said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip! I love DC. My dad used to take us there for day trips, to give my mom a break. I could spend weeks there & never see everything, it's a wonderful town. :)