12.29.2008

Making the most of a few days off

I have been able to make a lot of progress on my mystery quilt the last few days. It is so nice to have vacation time! Here is the update and I have 2 more borders to add.


I also thought I would share some of my "finishes" from the past year. Since we are on the cusp of a new year, it seems appropriate to review what has happened in 2008.

This was a quilt pattern that was from the Quilt Sampler Magazine (I believe it was Spring/Summer 2007). I made this with the thought that deep in our very long winter in Northern New England, I would look at this and think of warm caribbean breezes and sand in between my toes.



This is my Sring 2008 Mystery quilt from my local quilt store, Yankee Pride. The color that I selected from the available colorways was light bali. This was the background fabric. I have worked on getting better at a scrappy look. This is not easy for me at all, although I think I have made some good progress with the mystery quilts.

No comments: